In engaging and enlightening episodes, the RSPCA‚Äôs Humane Food Podcast explores a range of topics that we know interest Australians.
Through conversations with business owners, experts and the RSPCA, host Brian Daly shares ideas and practical ways Australians can and are making a big difference to farm animal welfare.
Brian is a writer, producer, director who has been raising awareness of animal welfare issues for the past two decades.
Catch up on the successful first season and hear about the importance of putting cage-free eggs on the menu to improve the lives of hens, the meat chicken industry and how they‚Äôve been working to improve bird welfare, the deal with veal and bobby calf welfare, how farm animals are slaughtered and so much more.
- What is humane food? With Hope from the RSPCA
- Why cage free will help end the battery cage. With Matt Howe from Three Beans
- What is RSPCA Approved? With Hope from the RSPCA
- Better chicken welfare - where has the industry come from? With Louise Cordina from Cordina Farms
- The deal with veal, and how we can improve bobby calf welfare. With Melina from the RSPCA
- How a supermarket can lead the way in improving pig welfare. With James Whittaker from Coles
- How are farm animals slaughtered in Australia, and should we be concerned? With Bidda from the RSPCA
In season 2 you‚Äôll hear about male chick culling in the egg industry and how this can be changed, the use of antibiotics in farming, humane transport and handling of farm animals, and one of the biggest animal welfare issues of the decade, live animal export.
- Season 2 launch. How is the RSPCA working to improve farm animal welfare in Australia? With Talulah from the RSPCA
- Live export: why is it still happening? With Bidda and Jed from the RSPCA
- How can a chef put humane food on the menu? With Simon Bryant
- What‚Äôs the problem with cage eggs and why are hens still in cages today? With Jed and Sarah from the RSPCA
- Why are male chicks culled in the egg industry and how can this be changed? With Mark Tizard from CSIRO
- How are antibiotics used in animal agriculture and should we be concerned? With Lauren Mackenzie from Coles
- How are farm animals transported in Australia and what can be improved? With Sarah and Melina from the RSPCA
- What is the most humane way to handle animals prior to slaughter? With Leisha Hewitt