- Status: Full time (38 hours/week, or as negotiated)
- Business unit: Marketing
- Reports to: National Partnerships Manager
- Location: Deakin Office, Canberra (or as negotiated)
The Engagement Officer will support and contribute to the implementation of RSPCA Australia‚Äôs marketing engagement activities. The role will work closely with the National Partnerships Manager to contribute to;
- Develop and drive RSPCA Australia‚Äôs public engagement strategies
- Identify and pursue philanthropic and/or cost-saving opportunities
Contribute to excellent relationship stewardship for RSPCA stakeholders
Monitor and manage various donations activities including
- Ensure appropriate level of response and ongoing communications to one-off and regular donors
- Monitor performance and liaise with communications team and member Societies regarding online donation page(s) including gift cards
- Liaise with accounts team to ensure appropriate distribution of funds among member Societies
- Coordination of prizes and sponsorship to supporting national fundraising activities (such as Million Paws Walk and Cupcake Day);
- Respond to bequest and fundraising advertising opportunities, including liaison with RSPCA member Societies as needed
Trusts and Foundations
- Working with National Partnerships Manager, source opportunities for further income generation via trusts and foundations
- Maintain grants calendar to ensure up-to-date knowledge of funding opportunities
- Prepare required documentation and make applications as appropriate (including liaisons with internal and external stakeholders as needed)
- Account management of low-level corporate partnerships
- Liaise with member Societies to ensure national partnership promotional commitments are met
- Develop and coordinate donor communications for Workplace Giving Partnerships
- Assist National Partnerships Manager with coordination and relationship stewardship for national partners as needed
- Assist National Partnerships Manager with coordination of further fundraising and development opportunities as needed
Facilitate the sharing of information and on-going communication between RSPCA member Societies through teleconferences and meetings as relevant, including:
- Major Donors / Trusts & Foundations
- Gifts in Wills / Home Ever After
- Coordinate internal communication to ensure all staff and member Societies are aware of various national support for fundraising activities
As a member of a small team, other duties and activities that contribute to the work of RSPCA Australia will be required from time to time or as directed.
Key stakeholders of the Supporter Engagement Officer include:
- Internal ‚Äì CEO, Leadership team, Board, Finance, Audit and Risk Committee, Finance business unit, all business units.
- External ‚Äì Individual donors/supporters, corporate supporters, RSPCA state and territory member Societies, government, grantmakers, suppliers.
It is expected that all RSPCA Australia employees will:
- Contribute to a positive workplace culture by embracing and aligning with RSPCA Australia‚Äôs Code of Conduct Policy.
- Have a sincere commitment to animal welfare.
- Understand and work in accordance with RSPCA Australia‚Äôs Policies and Procedures.
In accordance with RSPCA Australia‚Äôs WHS Policy, while at work, as a Worker, you must:
- take reasonable care for your own health and safety;
- take reasonable care that your actions or inactions does not adversely affect the health and safety of others;
- report any work health and safety concerns in accordance with clause 8.1 of the WHS Policy; and
- comply with any reasonable instruction that is given by an Officer or manager of RSPCA Australia to allow RSPCA Australia to comply with the WHS Act, including by complying with this Policy.
Workers are encouraged to:
- ask questions;
- raise work health and safety concerns;
- make work health and safety recommendations;
- give regular input and feedback to the WHS Committee or the Officers;
- become involved in evaluation of safety issues by discussing any concerns openly with RSPCA Australia, the Officers, and any WHS Committee; and
- be a part of the problem solving process.
- Ability to demonstrate prior experience in a similar role.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and high-level problem-solving skills including an ability to identify opportunities and make connections that deliver outcomes.
- Experience in communication and interpersonal skills including collaboration, networking, influencing and negotiation skills.
- An interest in animal welfare.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing/Fundraising, or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in managing supporter and customer care activities including high level written and verbal communication skills.
- High-level IT skills including CRM databases, Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Strong ability to work as part of a team and facilitate a supportive working environment with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, including the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with ability to demonstrate initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Interstate travel may be required on occasion, including overnight stays.
- Current Class C driver‚Äôs licence, (desirable).
- Occasional work outside of normal business hours.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Confidential ‚Äì Supporter Engagement Officer' in the subject line.
Your application must include the following:
- A covering letter of application.
- Telephone number(s) for contact purposes.
- Resume including contact details of at least two referees. Referees can be from paid or work experience; the referee should be able to comment on your work-related attributes.
- Your claims against the Selection Criteria.
- Applications with 'Confidential ‚Äì Supporter Engagement Officer' in the subject line can be submitted via email.
It's important that our successful candidate cares deeply about the RSPCA and our work, and that you're flexible, adaptable, resilient, and able to work hard and achieve results under your own initiative ‚Äì so we'll be looking to see this demonstrated in your responses.
Applications that do not address these requirements may not be considered for the position.
Applications close on 23rd August 2021, 5:00pm.
- Position Description - Supporter Engagement Coordinator (PDF 68KB)
- Information Pack - Supporter Engagement Coordinator (PDF 68KB)